Sunday, August 24, 2014

Writing: Personal statment

I have been working as a secondary school teacher for the last ten years. My speciality has been Physics.

I first became interested in teaching when I was studying my Physics degree at university. At this time of my life I helped teenagers students with their science subjects. I did that in order to pay my studies and my acommodation in Valencia, a different city where I am from.

However, I enjoyed a lot this time spent with teenagers and for this reason when I finished my degree I decided to carry on with a master in Secondary Education.

My studies served to increase my enthusiasm and, furthermore, they prepared me to take responsability for my own class. 

On the other hand, I have always been curious about learning English, Nowadays, most of science reports, magazines and so on are written in English. I love science and it is always better to learn things in their original lenguage. 

Having finished my English studies recently has given me confidence to apply for this job as a teacher in the USA. In this way I will be able to put together my two devotions: teaching and leaning about other cultures.

My experience as a teacher has taught me that it is very important to give children as many learning opportunities and experiences as possible to motivate and prepare them for their future.The way I teach Physics makes that real. 

To conclude, I am a positive, hard-working person who enjoys challenges. I believe I could make a valuable contribution to the students of your school.

No comments:

Post a Comment